God's Girl

My photo
I am a living picture of the scandalous Grace of GOD. My prayer is to live as a vessel that shines the light of the Living GOD. This blog is a place to put my thoughts, a journal of my thirtys if you will. I am 32, single, no kids. And this is my life...for now.

Salvation Prayer

If you want to make Jesus your Lord & Savior,, all you have to do is pray: "Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God, You were resurrected from the grave by our Heavenly Father. Thank you for dying on the cross to save me. I repent of my sins and ask Your forgiveness. Please give me the gift of eternal life. I ask you to be my Lord and Savior. I want to serve you always." Amen.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Something to chew on…



Just recently, I heard of a Christmas dinner being held to give people a chance to relax and treat themselves during this hectic holiday season. Now first off, I am leaving this loose and with hardly any details, because, I think this happens a lot and the last thing we need to do is point and blame. This is just something we should all be aware of.
What grabbed my attention is that the tickets for this event were A) limited, and B) $25.00/per person and $15.00 for children under 12. Now one question sprang to mind and one concern.

Question: What on earth are they serving?

And concern, during this financially difficult time (which for some did not just start, a lot of people try not to live out of their means and have had to sacrifice events before this financial downfall.)

Are they really going to exclude the very people this would be a blessing for?

What about the single woman who would like a beautiful and safe place to go so that she could get all dolled-up? But does not have the money right away and when she does, her ticket is gone. What about the family who needs a breather from the stress of how to pay for the holidays? But can’t afford this? It seems to me it is excluding the very people it should include.

I truly believe that if one is going to plan an event, one should make sure that everyone can attend. If that means it has to be scaled down from fancy catering to old-school potlucks, then so be it.

Now, in all fairness, I am sure they didn’t set out to exclude, but these things never happen obviously; let us not be a people that ignore the subtly of traps and be smart in our caring. When Jesus fed the multitudes in John 6:10

10Jesus said, "Have the people sit down."

He could have just giving thanks to the father for the loaves and fishes and then thrown it out to crowd and let them divvy it up. Quite frankly the LORD would have still provided. Because that is what He does.
But I think Jesus shows us a picture of calmness and thought when He says this. Let us follow and have the heart to give, but the mind to be aware and organized.
Sometimes the poorest person you will meet in a day just needs time or thought. We love and serve a God who has (Thank you LORD) EVERYONE in His sight. He sees the starving orphan, the crippled soldier, the homeless man, the locked-up juvenile, the struggling family, the broken marriage, the addicted woman, the heartbroken woman. He sees all faces, catches all tears. But I for one do not want to miss an opportunity to be part of a blessing for whoever needs it.

It is not my job to decide who receives blessing; it is my privilege to possibly be part of that blessing.

No comments: