God's Girl

My photo
I am a living picture of the scandalous Grace of GOD. My prayer is to live as a vessel that shines the light of the Living GOD. This blog is a place to put my thoughts, a journal of my thirtys if you will. I am 32, single, no kids. And this is my life...for now.

Salvation Prayer

If you want to make Jesus your Lord & Savior,, all you have to do is pray: "Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God, You were resurrected from the grave by our Heavenly Father. Thank you for dying on the cross to save me. I repent of my sins and ask Your forgiveness. Please give me the gift of eternal life. I ask you to be my Lord and Savior. I want to serve you always." Amen.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Pay attention to the break-through


I have recently gone through what I would catagorize as an earthquake. Not the kind that is reported on the news with a richter scale number, because frankly, mine would be off the charts. No, this was a soul earthquake, and I feel the LORD allowed it. You see He wanted to shake that which could be shaken, to leave that which could not.

Or I should say who could never be shaken. The rock on which I stand.

I was living in a wrong state of my mind. One that was depressive, critical of myself and just all around dillusional. And that is not the life He has planned for me.

But in the break-through He gave me, would you believe I kept trying to return to the sadness.

Just like a human.

I want to not only experience the rawness of the break-through's with the LORD, but I want to pay attention to the rebuild that follows. Oh how dear and close I want our relationship to be and how many times do I wonder if I rush right past HIM so fast, because I've got places to go..

Help me father to pay attention to the break-through. So that the rebuild can be real.

4 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for this wonderful earthquake/breakthrough. I ask You to bring truth, joy, faith, hope, love, and peace to my dear Siesta in Christ. Please show her each step to take. In Jesus' Name I pray.

Annette

Yolanda said...

Molly,

I so agree for my very own life and walk with Him.

Love to you,
Yolanda

Andreea said...

You have no idea, how many people around me have been mentioning the kind of shaking you are talking about. When you have a minute, go read Isaiah 54:10-17 :)

~Andreea

Javetta Allen Mercadel said...

As a fellow siesta, I feel your pain honey. But the one we have to keep doing is going to the WORD to speak to those bouts of depression. I was reading in my studies today, "It is for freedom that Christ made us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let your selves be burdened again by the yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

If I could recommend a book to you, check out John Piper's BATTLING UNBELIEF. It has totally revolutionized my way of thinking and I haven't had a bout with depression since. Be strong Siesta...stand firm!