God's Girl

My photo
I am a living picture of the scandalous Grace of GOD. My prayer is to live as a vessel that shines the light of the Living GOD. This blog is a place to put my thoughts, a journal of my thirtys if you will. I am 32, single, no kids. And this is my life...for now.

Salvation Prayer

If you want to make Jesus your Lord & Savior,, all you have to do is pray: "Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God, You were resurrected from the grave by our Heavenly Father. Thank you for dying on the cross to save me. I repent of my sins and ask Your forgiveness. Please give me the gift of eternal life. I ask you to be my Lord and Savior. I want to serve you always." Amen.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Closed fist, open hand...

Well, I loved the Oscars last night! Not to mention Hugh Jackman (love those Aussie's).
The glamour, the talent and the show - WHAT A SHOW!!!! But I have to say my most memorable moment was the speech for the winner for Original Screenplay: Dustin Lance Black for MILK.
Here is why:

"I wanna thank my mom, who has always loved me for who I am even when there was pressure not to. But most of all, if Harvey had not been taken from us 30 years ago, I think he'd want me to say to all of the gay and lesbian kids out there tonight who have been told that they are less than by their churches, by the government or by their families, that you are beautiful, wonderful creatures of value and that no matter what anyone tells you, God does love you and that very soon, I promise you, you will have equal rights federally, across this great nation of ours."http://www.insidesocal.com/outinhollywood/2009/02/dustin-lance-blacks-acceptance.html

Notice, he separated the behavior of the church from God Himself. How refreshing? Why, because very often the "church" does not show the actions and love Jesus spoke of. Very often the "church" is self-righteous, arrogant and hateful (I know because I am part of the church, and my heart has gone to these places at different times, I am not exempt.)
But to have this young, talented man stand there and say, God does love you; made me so happy, because it is true.

Now will I vote differently, for same-sex marriage - no. Why? Because I was saved by my savior Jesus and Jesus was sent by His father, the Almighty God who was as well on that cross. And my Heavenly Father says that Gay and Lesbian activity is a sin. But He doesn't hate His children, He hates SIN!
"Sin isn't bad because it is forbidden, it is forbidden because it's bad." I heard Jon Courson speak one day and it makes sense. God is not hating us and keeping things from us, He is protecting us because His love for us is deeper than any definition of love we could come up with.
My Father in Heaven loves me and you, and if He loves me enough to save me, no matter what, why would I stray from His commandments?
But my life is meant to be lived with a closed fist, open hand mentality. I cling tightly to the beliefs and truth of the LORD. The truth that set me free. But I love and treat all others as potential brothers and sisters in the faith.

Because I once was lost, but now I am found.