God's Girl

My photo
I am a living picture of the scandalous Grace of GOD. My prayer is to live as a vessel that shines the light of the Living GOD. This blog is a place to put my thoughts, a journal of my thirtys if you will. I am 32, single, no kids. And this is my life...for now.

Salvation Prayer

If you want to make Jesus your Lord & Savior,, all you have to do is pray: "Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God, You were resurrected from the grave by our Heavenly Father. Thank you for dying on the cross to save me. I repent of my sins and ask Your forgiveness. Please give me the gift of eternal life. I ask you to be my Lord and Savior. I want to serve you always." Amen.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

God Bless Brothers

Brothers are a special gift! I have a brother who is older than me by 20 years, but I can't tell you the mystery it is to think of my mom (who was single with both of us) to have a unique relationship with him. He is always a picture of someone I find facinating and I would be lying if I didn't want to be like him every now and agian.

I was blown away the other day watching my nephew(12) with his little sister (10). You see, my niece is a singer - she LOVES to sing and has a great voice as well as a wonderful stage presence. It also helps that she has no fear and just goes for it, but I'm getting off course.

At every chance, she will sing a few songs for whomever will listen; this off course drives my nephew banana's. "If I hear one more Taylor Swift song..." he will threaten, and who can blame him.

But I noticed the other night, when she was singing for him, myself and their grandmother and she blanked on the words - who knew the next line? He did. Who sat quiet the other night at a BBQ and let her sing? He did? He supports her by his gentle way and lets her be who she is. How she will benefit as a woman from that support.

So I want to hear it for the brothers that are supportive in both words and actions. Now I am not saying they are still not going to call each other names and tell on each other. But let's encourage our youth - and if you see them naturally possessing a spirit of giving and love towards their sibling, embrace it and encourage it. They as men and women will benefit from it.

No comments: